Ness 64's Profile
Notes on finding good mons for the Tower/Subway
- "Only 160~170 IV total or higher" is a stupid idea. By the time you got a full team with those IVs, you'd probably finish several shiny hunts, or find loads of mons that are still perfectly usable.
- Cut the useless attack IV. If it uses physical attacks, cut the Sp. Atk IV from the total. If it uses special attacks, cut the Attack IV instead. The effective max IV total is 155 (all 5 31s), not 186 (all 6 31s). See how high your new IV total is considering this.
- On slower/tankier mons, you could cut the Speed IV too; it only matters for outspeeding other slow mons anyway. In this case, the effective max IV total is 124 (4 31s).
- As for natures, avoid -Def or -SpDef natures, unless your IV total is high enough to compensate. And even then, act as if you have a very low IV on that stat (stat calcs may show just this, and your team should treat this as a problem). Try for -Atk or -SpAtk natures (whatever you won't use), ideally boosting the best stat. -Speed natures on slow mons works too.
Effective IV Thresholds
- 75- (out of 155) | 60- (out of 124): Bad. Don't bother with this. Keep looking;
- 76-100 (out of 155) | 61-80 (out of 124): Better, but still bad. You might have success with it if it's towards the higher end of this scale (and it got a good nature), but always replace it for a better one ASAP;
- 101-125 (out of 155) | 81-100 (out of 124): As long as the nature doesn't screw it over, it's usable. The higher end of this scale (108~114+, or 86~91+) is good. Vitamins help the mons with 108-113 (or 86-90) totals;
- 126+ (out of 155) | 101+ (out of 124): Hard to obtain, but very likely to be great. Towards the higher end of this, a subpar nature may not even affect this mon that much, although it depends a lot and obviously you wouldn't want that in the first place.
PM me if you want a battle or help on teambuilding!
Ness 64 has no recent activity.
Ness 64's Showcased Achievements
Johto Legend (Jan 29/19)
Kick-Ass (Feb 20/19)
Master Commuter (Aug 2/19)
Elite Explorer (Dec 25/20)
Selective Hoarder (Oct 28/18)
Happy Ending (Sep 30/19)
Oracle of Seasons (Feb 3/19)
Oracle of Ages (Feb 3/19)
Undaunted (Dec 31/20)
Master Clicker (Oct 24/18)
Master Breeder (Jan 30/19)
Master Trainer (Jan 18/19)
Master Battler (Feb 10/19)
Best In Show (Apr 26/19)
Master Collector (Mar 24/19)